[En-Nut-Discussion] samples at 8kHz

Christian Wieser chwieser at ee.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 14 15:55:35 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am not sure how to realize the following thing - a simple IP
telephone. I have realized the Control Plane by adopting a simplified
form of SIP (Session Initialization Protocol)

But I come into troubles realizing the Media exchange.

The phone should sample voice from ADC0 and makes out of it an RTP
(Real Time Protocol) Stream (using G.711 encoding I have to send a UDP
packet every 20ms). I have to get a sample every 125us (8kHz) and kick
incoming RTP packets piece by piece to an PWM counter.

My question now is: Can this be done using NUT/OS? What would be a way
to do so?

Cheers for any answers,

Christian Wieser
mailto:chwieser at ee.oulu.fi