[En-Nut-Discussion] RAW packets transmission

Pavel Chromy chromy at asix.cz
Mon Oct 18 15:22:40 CEST 2004

Igor Fedorchuk wrote:

> I want to make bridge from Ethernut to RS232 and back from RS232 to
> EtherNut.

No a good idea. You have to at least recognize packet beginning/end.

> But I dont want use IP routines but want use RAW packets as
> is, i.e. simple receive packets from LAN, store its to memory and next
> send it to UART.

Those things running there and back on the LAN are not packets but rather _frames_.
It seems to me to be much better idea to capture IP packets (strip off MAC header)
with simple check of IP header and use SLIP on RS232.

> What sort of API functions should I use?  I thing
> that I should create event to RX and TX events but I  not for a while
> yet know what it do.
> Thanks. :)

I'm afraid there are no API functions as this is not a typical use of a network interface.
Have a look at the sources net/ ethin.c ethout.c ipin.c ipout.c
Practically everything you need is in there.

Pavel