[En-Nut-Discussion] Bootloader, JTAG

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Oct 15 14:28:40 CEST 2004

Daniel,

right, egnite ships the boards with reset vector pointing to
address zero. Basemon directly jumps to 0x1F000 to invoke
the bootloader. The bootloader overwrites Basemon with the
new download...and that's it.

Use your SP Duo JTAG adapter and AVR Studio. Run the programmer
in AVR Studio, change to fuse settings. Make sure the fuses
had been correctly read! Do a verify! Verify again!

Then check
   Boot Flash section size=2048
   Boot Reset vector Enabled
and press the Program button. Again do a verify! Do not change
any other fuses!

That will permanently enable your bootloader.

Harald