[En-Nut-Discussion] programming with stk500

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Oct 26 13:13:18 CEST 2004

Hello Sebastian,

You're obviously talking about Ethernut 1.3 Rev-F or earlier.
When using the STK500, this board requires to set JP4 during
programming. Or pressing the reset button, like you did.

Reason is, that the STK500 doesn't provide the PROG ENABLE
signal.

Ethernut 1.3 Rev-G doesn't require PROG ENABLE, but uses the
RESET signal to disable the RS232 driver.

Harald