[En-Nut-Discussion] programming with stk500

Louis Beaudoin deoxy at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 27 20:22:31 CEST 2004

I made this modification to my Atmel AVRISP programmer for programming
my Ethernut 1.x board, it should work the same for the STK500.  I cut
the traces connecting pin 3 (Ethernut: PROG ENABLE, Atmel: N/C) to
ground on the programmer.  Then I soldered a wire between pin 3 and pin
5 (RESET) so the reset signal would also be on pin 3.  This had the
effect of driving PROG ENABLE low while reset was low, allowing me to
program the board without using a jumper on JP4.

Louis