[En-Nut-Discussion] ppp protocol in 3.9.2 Ethernut RTOS

Grzegorz Płoński grzegorz.plonski at numeron.pl
Thu Oct 28 19:40:56 CEST 2004

hello everybody

I need to know about the following

Does the ppp protocol version 3.9.2 start up and operate in the same way as in the previous versions? Do I have to use a HDLC device to operate ppp? If yes, could somebody please explain to me how to do it? A  pppc application is not working out, similarly to my old ppp module, which worked O.K. in the 3.4.2 version. After connecting to the ppp server, the modem shows no sign from the Ethernut.

I know that you can't use a global ppp_hackup flag any more, but what else should I know?

Looking forward to some help

Greg Plonski