[En-Nut-Discussion] Can't compile NutOs

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Sep 14 19:16:25 CEST 2004

Ole,

sorry about the problem with CVS. Indeed cfg/os.h hasn't
been checked in. I probably overlooked a few diff lines.

For Win32, a ready compiled nutconf is in tools/win32.
The same is true for the Linux bin RPM, where it's located
in tools/linux.

There is not much to know about header file creation.
Please follow
http://www.ethernut.de/en/nutconf/index.html

When you correctly edited the four NutConf Setting Dialogs,
the remaining headers will be added to the build tree.
Btw. cfg/os.h is actually empty here. Looking to the
Lua scripts, it's currently used for the clock frequency
entry.

I expected some problems with all these changes. There had
been too many things to change and to test. But I can
convince you, that there will be minor problems only.
We will be back to the almost stable HEAD in short time.

To all other developers: Don't give up! Don't get angry!
Just take it as it is and report your specific problem
like Ole did. (Although I can hear a low level of
frustration from Ole too, can't I? :-))

I'm currently trying to solve a completely different problem
(why does an NT service using winpcap stops on user logout?)
but some time is left to prepare a new Nut/OS software manual.
So you are quite safe now, no more basic changes until I start
to get Nut/OS emulation on Linux running.

Btw. if you want to add some changes, feel free to do so.
There are a few more days required until the 4.0 branch.

The 3.9.1 preview release was required to get Ethernut 1.3
Rev-G running. Simple commercial pressure.

Harald