[En-Nut-Discussion] Suggested addition to new manual for school use

Berns J. Buenaobra bbuenaobra at nip.upd.edu.ph
Mon Sep 20 03:05:35 CEST 2004

Hello all:

Being a teacher in technical school for at least 8 years or so teaching the old and classic 8080/8085 then with a lot of materials already available and good textbooks (some composed by myself for class use) I have had the ease of classroom delivery for a first course in microprocessors to non-EE or non-science majors or simply first timers trade school students here at (www.cite.edu.ph) when I was there now I work as researcher in a university (www.nip.upd.edu.ph/ipl).

The new manual for Ethernut Board and Software has been a dramatic improvement I think specially for beginners like me to on Embedded TCP/IP hardware and the AVR. Much of the material is really quite advanced for ordinary hobbiest and possibly to many struggling school teachers in the third world -- but they have to move on and teach anyway new things!

So I would like to suggest that a section or an addendum be written by the author or experienced member of this forum for demonstrating (in pictorial or block diagram form) on how to connect, dump code, run and specially on how to do an on line debug using hyperterminal in conjunction with a compiler. This would really help a lot.

There is an old Chinese proverb that goes " I listen and heard very little...I speak and talked very little...I do and I learn a lot..."

Ethernut and NutOS is entirely experienced driven and it's power of use (and creativity for application) is entirely dependent of on one's experience...

Yours Sincerely,

Berns B.
bbuenaobra at nip.upd.edu.ph