[En-Nut-Discussion] NutNetIfConfig

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Sep 27 18:01:50 CEST 2004

Hello Gerd,

first, it is not possible to change the IP address while
socket connections are established. This isn't Ethernut
specific. On PCs the interface must be switched down and
up again with the new IP.

However, Nut/OS doesn't provide an interface shutdown, so
a reboot is required. The problems regarding DHCP are
described partly in
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm20e.pdf
Page 33 ff.

Harald