[En-Nut-Discussion] NutNetIfConfig

Gerd Müller gmueller at netways.de
Mon Sep 27 17:02:04 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I want to deliver a ethernut to our customers without an IP. I read
about the icmp-method to deliver an ip-address to the ethernut. So I
wonder if following is possible:

1. try dhcp
1a if dhcp is not active use icmp-method
2. run with new ip.

Than I want to be able to change the ip during runing, or restore the
icmp-method. Is it possible to use NutNetIfConfig while a socket is
open? Will it switch to the new ip immediatly? Or does the ethernut
device need a reboot?

Has anybody any example sources for starting ip-less and changing ip
during runing?

Thanks

Gerd