[En-Nut-Discussion] Memory mapped device

Carlos cma at tinet.org
Tue Apr 5 16:23:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have just read this thread about memory mapped devices, and as I'm using
a CPLD, which I interface using the memory map, I would like to know 2
things:

> Best use 0xD000-0xDFFF for high speed I/O and

What does "high speed" exatly mean? How many ns from when the read
instruction is executed till the data bus is latched in the micro? Is it 1
clock cycle? If it is one cycle, and the clock is approximately 14 MHz,
then 71'5 ns?

> 0xE000-0xEFFF for low speed with optional wait
> states.

If we read and write using this addresses, how can we add wait states? Is
there any specific instruction in NUT/OS?

Thank you in advance and regards,
Carlos.