[En-Nut-Discussion] WinAVR 20050214, Ethernut 3.9.5 on STK501

Mark E. Scott Jr. mscott at awfs.net
Tue Apr 19 22:32:59 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am trying to get a simplistic compile of Ethernut going using WinAVR
20050214 and Ethernut OS 3.9.5.  I have some errors that others have
posted about, and some that appear new to me.

I used the Nut/OS configurator, and loaded up the stk501 configuration
file, made system path changes, and saved it as stk501 - mark, then
built the directory tree, which worked fine.

However, I get this first:

make -C dev

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Programming/Projects/ethernut/dev'

avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega128 -Os -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wa,-ahlms=spidigio.lst -D__HARVARD_ARCH__
-IC:/Programming/Projects/ethernut/include
-IC:/Programming/ethernut/nut/include -IC:/Programming/iccv7avr/include
C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c -o spidigio.o

C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c: In function
`SpiDigitalInit':

C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error:
`SPIDIGIO_SIN_PORT' undeclared (first use in this function)

C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once

C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:486: error: for each function
it appears in.)

C:/Programming/ethernut/nut/dev/spidigio.c:487: error:
`SPIDIGIO_SIN_DDR' undeclared (first use in this function)

make[1]: *** [spidigio.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Programming/Projects/ethernut/dev'

make: *** [all] Error 2

I have been mostly in the PIC world until lately, when I have been able
to convince the powers-that-be of the benefits to at least TRYING the
AVR world, where it seems there is a much greater amount of
user-community support.

Anyhow, if anybody has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!  I
just want to get it to run simply, then hopefully I can get a much
better understanding of whether this RTOS is suitable for our purposes.

Many thanks!

Mark E. Scott Jr.

mscott at awfs.net

512-478-7727 ext. 122