[En-Nut-Discussion] Medianut volume range

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 29 16:30:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

At 16:10 29.04.2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Thanks Harald I was a little bit puzzled, by the reject... ;-)

After spams increased during the last days, I added a few
more filters and made a bad mistake. Fortunately I just
watched the log output and recognized the mistake.

>First of all congratulations to Harald for his great work.

That was the "offending" part. :-)

>My question is related to the medianut, what is the range to correct the
>volume information in :
>
>VsSetVolume(16, 16); <= seems OK
>VsSetVolume(0, 0) <= seems higher not sure
>VsSetVolume(128, 128); <= it's mute
>VsSetVolume(254, 254); <= it's mute
>
>Thanks for your help !

It works like described in the VS1001K datasheet. You can
use 0-254, while 255 switches the analog part off.

Of course it depends on the sensitivity of your earphones
or amp, wether 128 may be too quiet.