[En-Nut-Discussion] Telnet connection state check

Andrea Cannavicci axel_lob at email.it
Sat Apr 30 12:38:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm using the ethernut tcp telnet connection.
All works fine but I need to check the connection status.

In the particular case I have this situation.

- I connect the telnet client from a remote pc
- I keep the connection alive for an undefinite time
- If the network go down (e.g. someone disconnect the pc ethernet cable or
cut the pc power off without disconnecting telnet connection)
   the ethernut board keep the connection active. When I try to connect
again the connection is refused.
   The only thing I can do is hardware reset of the ethernut board.

How can I monitor the telnet connection to verify if the pc is still
connected or not?
In this case I have to disconnect the telnet client and to restart listen
for an incoming connection

Thanks in advance