[En-Nut-Discussion] CAN driver for mcp2510, what have I to do to create the driver?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Aug 25 11:13:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

> arch\avr\dev\sja1000.c contains code for the SJA1000,
> which may provide a good API sample. This has been
> implemented as a driver, but just to support NutRegisterDevice(),
> I guess. It's not really required.

Right. It's only implemented in this way to support registration of an
Interrupt and base address. You don't need it.

My CAN driver for the SJA1000 is devided into a hardware specific part
(the sja1000.c file) and a hardware independent part (can_dev.c) which
you can use to send and reveicve frames, either blocking or
non-blocking. I would appreciate if you'r driver would either implement
the same interface (using can_dev.c) or implement a better interface
where the sja1000 driver can be adoptet to.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19