[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog/Idle thread issues again

Ulrich Hertlein ulrich.hertlein at artcom.de
Fri Dec 9 16:23:43 CET 2005

Matthias Ringwald wrote:
> personally, I think that nut/os is very stable and reliable, so if
> your software is ok, your app just shoud never block (my 2 cts. )

I don't suspect Nut/OS to be at fault, the most probable cause is in my
experience the application. It's just that I haven't a clue yet what
might be the problem. The application runs fine for a couple of hours
and then simply does not return from a NutSleep().

What I'm using now is a OS-independent timer that's incrementing a
counter and issueing a wdt_enable() when the counter is above a certain
value. The main application is resetting the counter.

The odd thing is that I see when the wdt_enable is called but the system
does not reset until the mentioned NutSleep().

Unfortunately I can't use a hard reset since the required cabling is
missing.

/ulrich

--
Ulrich Hertlein | Software Development

ART+COM AG
Kleiststr. 23-26 | 10787 Berlin | Germany

phone: +49.30.21001-433
fax: +49.30.21001-555
http://www.artcom.de