[En-Nut-Discussion] Open Source Hardware...

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Dec 13 10:24:13 CET 2005

John,

At 12:16 10.12.2005 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi! If I am to manufacture Ethernut hardware, what is the license of such
>use? I saw the license on the PCB layout.  There are few questions:

>1.  Do I have to remove the "www.egnite.de" on the PCB since on the
>license it said should not promote the brand without written permission.

The board itself should contain the name or logo of the
manufacturer. The brand name "Ethernut" is a trademark of
egnite and should not be used by others for commercial
purposes.

>2.  Without any modifications, or even minor modifications, can I place
>our company's website or name on the PCB?

Yes, you should place your companies name on the board.

>3.  Do I have to keep "www.egnite.de" on the PCB layout?  (This is
>opposite of point 1)

No, you should not keep our name. The only thing that is required:

The best thing would be to place the copyright in the accompanied
material, possibly the hardware manual or any similar document.