AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] CHAP support

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Tue Dec 13 22:15:20 CET 2005

Hi Michel!

I did some tests based on Eduardo's software and CHAP did work for me,; I
tested it with 3 Austrian ISPs. However,I did no functional "stress" tests
(recovery from any kind of transission errors, repetitive wrong userids or
passwords supplied, etc). This was Nut/OS 3.9.1.
The last mail on the subject from Eduardo was sent on Jan 14th 2005. Since
then, I have not heard anything about it.

I still have Eduadro's sources I tested on 3.9.9 but I guess it would need
his OK to distribute them. (He mentioned in one of his mails he wants to
send the sources to Harald to get them included in the distribution, but
that did not happen).
How to proceed?? I dont want to "sit" on something which may be of use to
somebody else and o n the other way I feel a bit like giving away something
which does not belong to me if I just send the sources.

Harald, you being the "keeper at the gates", what's your opinion?

regards

ernst