[En-Nut-Discussion] CHAP support

Eduardo Serantes eduardo.serantes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:56:34 CET 2005

 Hi all,

I'm sorry for disappearing from the world for the last months, but I have
had some health problems and it seems I'll be "ko" for a long time. I sent
yesterday the CHAP code to Michel with the promise he'll review the code to
fit it to the new ethernut release and later on he'll distribute it to the
ethernut community. Ernst and me tested it in the past and I included the
code in a commercial design that is working up today, so it seems there are
no many bugs in the code. Anyway, there is something that should be
implemented: the code assumes CHAP as protocol and there is no attempts to
connect via PAP. The code should try first with PAP and them switch to CHAP
if the protocol is refused from the ISP. There is another "trick" to
reconnect without the need of rebooting: to close the connection, you should
use:

   _ioctl(pppcom, HDLC_SETIFNET, 0);
   NutSleep(2000);
   _close(pppcom);
   AvrUsartSetDTR1(1); //Close you DTR signal here

Ernst, regarding the question of using the code, I think that all the code
developed under a GNU license, where a lot of people have been working on it
with a great effort, MUST be freeware and distributed with no restrictions.
So please, feel free to send the sources (I had to time to format the code
and to sent it, sorry for that). And please, if you put a header in the
sources, add your name because you were also involved in the development and
test.

Good luck,

Eduardo