[En-Nut-Discussion] AD conversion resolution?

Nic Cave-Lynch nic at tymar.com
Thu Dec 15 21:58:41 CET 2005

I was just referring to the situation described in the OP, which was definitely
a pot, but you're absolutely right: if you're just measuring a voltage, then a
nice stiff stable reference is essential.

I typically use an external reference diode, but I have also had good success
with the internal one, provided it's well decoupled, and I always put a filter
(either inductor or 10R resistor) on the AVcc, to isolate it from the noise on
the main Vcc rail.

Nic C-L