[En-Nut-Discussion] AD conversion resolution?

Gerwin Voorsluijs g.m.voorsluijs at wanadoo.nl
Fri Dec 16 10:05:56 CET 2005

Hi Nic,

These conspicuous jumps are essentially what I'm getting at: I see jumps
that don't make sense and come back all the time. I've made a
log-file of the values that I get. If I plot them I clearly see white
lines in my data: those are steps that I don't think can be explained by
the data being noisy or my setup not being 100% grounded.
Both files can be downloaded from http://130.161.167.171/ethernut.zip
(tried to attach them but then this msg didn't seem to get through)
Plus I see the same jumps as I saw yesterday, with a completely
different setup, actually the only thing that's the same is the Ethernut
and some of the wires I used to set it up.

My setup: simple powersupply set at 4.5 V with a 100K pot meter (not
used in previous test). That's all!

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Gerwin