[En-Nut-Discussion] How to install Ethernut with TCP/IP server and persuade customer that it is safe?

Michel Hendriks unreal at home.nl
Fri Dec 23 10:45:18 CET 2005

Hi,

> customers' system administrators strongly oppose any servers inside their
> networks. But maybe my experience about them is wrong?

Yes, I think it is. I also met some of those Bastard Operators From Hell (BOFH)
which are (too) strict about allowing any service into their network. The result of
this often means a lot of discussions (basically about who is the most stubborn) but
in the end they mostly end up having to allow it.

> But maybe my experience about them is wrong? Maybe there ars some
> special safe ports or some options, which would be accepted by them?

Unless you application requires them opening up 5000 ports in their firewall I'd
say: persuade them :-)!