[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernet connection down

Peter Gaskell pgaskell at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Feb 3 23:53:41 CET 2005

I am running an ethernut 2.1B connected to the internet with a static
IP.  I have also tried an ethernut 2.0A and this seems to exhibit the
same behavior. We access the webserver periodically every minute to get
data posted on the webpage.  The httpd and telnet threads we are
running are pretty much copied from example code.  After several hours
of normal operations (4 to 6 usually), the ethernut is no longer
accessible over the network.  All the LEDs are showing activity, but
any incoming connection will time out, no ping etc.  I set up a serial
port thread to check the threads with nutThreadList; all are listed as
OK and appear normal.  The NutHeapAvailable is around 18k.  I can then
reboot over the serial port (or by power cycling) and the ethernut will
be available again over telnet and http.  This problem is periodic, but
it takes several hours to crash, and not everything crashes, so the
watchdog timer is of no use.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions on
methods to figure out what is going on here?

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Gaskell
University of Oregon