[En-Nut-Discussion] Wait states in avr_nutinit.c

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Feb 7 22:57:01 CET 2005

Hi,

> These two lines:
>
> outb (XMCRA, 0x42);
> outb (XMCRB, 0x00);
>
> configure two memory sectors and 3 wait states for the upper range
> (SRW10 and SRW11) but zero for the lower range (SRW00 = 0).
> Is this intended? Or should these two lines rather be:

I added these two lines as I need them for my own board. It's a
ATMega128 Board with 32K of external RAM at the lower 32K of the address
range. The upper 32K are occupied by an SJA1000 CAN controller and a
cs8900 ethernet controller. The cs8900 has problems if I don't enable
the three waitstates for the upper memory range. As you only can set the
waitstates for two sections independently this is the correct setting
for my board (M-CAN architecture). The lower range works fine without
any waitstate for me. Do we need any for 70ns SRAM?

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19