[En-Nut-Discussion] Wait states in avr_nutinit.c

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 8 10:02:20 CET 2005

>The lower range works fine without any waitstate for me. Do we need any
>for 70ns SRAM?

In theory, yes. At least when using 74(A)HC573 as an address latch.
At some point the RAM access timing is very tight. Can't remember
exactly where, but it was related to CS. I never checked the CPLD
version.

Practically it works here without waits, but I'd prefer to keep
one wait state by default for the whole external memory area
and keep anything else as a configurable option.