[En-Nut-Discussion] reliability of message queues

Ralph Mason ralph.mason at telogis.com
Wed Feb 23 21:42:11 CET 2005

>>An improvement to the current status could be to implement something
>>along the posix select call
>>

>Good idea! That would solve much of my problems and should not be that
>hard to implement. I'd also like to implement a posix like select call
>for filedescriptors. On could read from multiple file desciptors without
>blocking...
>
>I think I will follow this approach first and try to implement these
>functions.
>
>bye,
>
>Ole

Might I suggest using the MessageQue to implement that.

There could be a select call that takes a message que.  When the event
is triggered a message is posted to the que with the callback address.

Another thread then can wait on the message que and dispatch the
messages ( well call the functions passed to select).

This also means that you can service your select calls on whatever
thread you like.

Just a thought.

Ralph