[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling Nut/OS for AT91

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 14 18:51:03 CET 2005

Lars,

At 18:21 14.01.2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Harald,
>
>I decided to do something creative before the weekend. Just installed the
>WinARM and it compiled the GBAXport2.conf sucsessfully !! Unfortunatly I
>don't have any HW to test on :(

You can run it on any GBA flash card. Oh! You don't
got a GBA? How can you exist?

>C:/ethernut/nut_arm/dev/arm_irqreg.c:56: warning: `interrupt_handler'
>attribute directive ignored
>C:/ethernut/nut_arm/dev/arm_irqreg.c: In function `SIG_INTERRUPT0':
>C:/ethernut/nut_arm/dev/arm_irqreg.c:57: error: `irqHandler' undeclared
>(first use in this function)
>C:/ethernut/nut_arm/dev/arm_irqreg.c:57: error: (Each undeclared
>identifier is reported only once
>C:/ethernut/nut_arm/dev/arm_irqreg.c:57: error: for each function it
>appears in.)

As far as I can see from the code, the AT91 doesn't use
interrupt registration, but instead initializes the timer
interrupt by hard coding the entry to Timer0Entry.

I guess, that for whatever reason,
static IRQ_HANDLER irqHandler[IRQ_MAX];
had been commented out from irqreg.c, since I tried
the AT91 last time.

To solve it, remove irqreg.c from the list of compiled
files either manually or by adding

requires = { "NOT_IMPLEMENTED" },

     {
         name = "nutdev_ihndlr_avr",
         brief = "Interrupt Handler",
         description = "Currently used for all MCUs except AVR.",
         sources = { "irqreg.c" },
     },

in conf/dev/dev.nut. This should disable the "Interrupt Handler"
entry in the Configurator after reloading the configuration. Do not
forget to recreate the build tree.

Actually both, the GBA and the AT91EB40A implementation do not
use any other interrupt than the one for the system timer.

If you want to spoil your weekend, why not try to port the AHDLC
driver to network enable the AT91EB40A? Haha! Then _you_ need
to implement the IRQ framework as well.