[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling Nut/OS for AT91

Lars Andersson laran at ikp.liu.se
Wed Jan 26 19:19:40 CET 2005

Harald,

I know, life is tough without enough toys :)

> As far as I can see from the code, the AT91 doesn't use
> interrupt registration, but instead initializes the timer
> interrupt by hard coding the entry to Timer0Entry.

I have tried to dig deeper into the AT91 datasheet and have also
downloaded some sample code from www.at91.com. As you point out the AIC
needs to be initialized with the address pointer of the function
handling the interrupt. In the examples this is done together with some
low level HW initialization before the main(void) function is called,
but I am not sure whether this is required or if the assignment can be
done later.

> Actually both, the GBA and the AT91EB40A implementation do not
> use any other interrupt than the one for the system timer.
>
> If you want to spoil your weekend, why not try to port the AHDLC
> driver to network enable the AT91EB40A? Haha! Then _you_ need
> to implement the IRQ framework as well.

Well, last weekend was spoiled by other obligations but this weekend is
free, why not take a shot at the IRQ framework :-)

/Lars