[En-Nut-Discussion] Half Duplex RS485 Behaviour

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Fri Jan 28 23:40:35 CET 2005

Hi team,

I have been tracing down a very elusive problem over the last month whereby
intermittently the RS485 half duplex mode does not switch quickly from
transmit to receive.

It appears that on an occasional basis, NutO/S seems to be taking a bit
longer to process the bit that toggles the direction of the RS485 driver.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Changing the baud rate seems to make no real difference, I have to retry up
to three times, on an occasional basis.

I am using a minimum of functions, just UART0 (115k), UART1 (115k), and
timers 1 (1 second) and 2 (1.028kHz) which I have used for timing to debug
this problem, it occurs with this timer disabled.

Has anyone lese experienced this?

Cheers Douglas