[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: NutConf on Mac OS X (alpha)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jul 8 09:11:49 CEST 2005

Hello Matthias,

The recommended location for nutconf is the parent
of the nut directory. No idea if this will work
on OS X and no idea how I should setup an absolute
path to the repository.

I'm missing the main menu. Does it show up in the
MAC's main menu bar? If yes, you can select
Edit->Settings to specify an absolute path to the
repository.

The problem with the tree window is weird. What
happens if you resize the main frame or if you
move the splitters? This is no standard control.
It had been taken from the ecos configuration tool.

Harald

P.S.: The original post from Matthias had been rejected
because of its large size. The screenshot is available at
http://www.ethernut.de/img/nutconf_os_x.png
Because of the wide distribution of this mailing list
(wow it even appears at Google Groups) I'll try to
keep the limited message size.

Hi Harald,

  I just gave nutconf another try again wxmac 2.6.0 from fink.sf.net
  It sucessfully compiled, but I wasn't sure how to start. just
calling ./nutconf
  fails as the UI doesn't work. this is the same for qt apps, so
nothing new.
We have to create an application bundle. I don't know whats the
default way to
do but I copied a small script 'make_os_bundle' from RapidSVN into
tools/nutconf
which does the trick and provides a clickable NutConf.app

The attribute table is not shown properly, see attached screenshot.
which are wrong for the mac app bundle. maybe there are some wx
functions that can be used to get a better (absolute) starting path.

cheers,
  matthias