[En-Nut-Discussion] rs232d_example_question

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jul 21 15:11:56 CEST 2005

Hi Kersten,

I'm happy that you finally managed to post to the list.

I'm absolutely sure, that there is no local echo
implemented, neither in the sample application nor
hidden in any of the drivers involved.

At 14:10 21.07.2005 +0200, you wrote:

>I would like to maintain the
>essential structure of the program (which is very effective,
>I think)

Not under any circumstance. Note, that the TCP receiver
will not be able to detect broken connections. Depending
on application, you may use a socket receive timeout and
add some kind of mechanism to detect a lost connection.
Only a sender is able to detect a connection loss. This is
also true for the PC side of the socket connection.

>I use Ethernut2.1, NutOS 3.9.7.1, iccavr,
>xp's built-in telnet client and hyperterminal.

Better upgrade to 3.9.8. Version 3.9.7 may occasionally
hang for a few seconds due to a ARP/ICMP bug.