[En-Nut-Discussion] rs232d_example_question

Kersten Voigtsberger kersten.voigtsberger at flexiva.de
Thu Jul 21 14:10:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

Using the rs232d example for my own application that only
should transfer the rs232 client inputs to the telnet client
and the telnet client inputs to the rs232 client without any
local echo, I have some trouble because of the two calls of
the StreamCopy function from the two different threads (inputs
with a telnet client are echowed back to the telnet client
itself, even though the telnet client's local echo is
disabled, flushing the buffers and so on..).

Because I'm a ethernut newbe and I did not understand yet
in detail how device structure, device driver and stream
work together and because I would like to maintain the
essential structure of the program (which is very effective,
I think) I have a question to the main ethernut protagonists:

Please, can somebody help me to change the example in such
a way that the echos to the telnet client are prevented?
Only the inputs with the rs232 client should be transferred
to the telnet client and not its own inputs (and vice versa).

I use Ethernut2.1, NutOS 3.9.7.1, iccavr,
xp's built-in telnet client and hyperterminal.

Thanks in advance

Kersten

Kersten Voigtsberger
Forschung & Entwicklung