[En-Nut-Discussion] RTS-problem

Cserhati Csaba cserhati at delfin.klte.hu
Thu Jun 9 10:50:39 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have just started with our new Ethernut 2 board. I would like to connect a
HP34401A multimeter to the serial port of the Enternut and read it through
the ethernet connector. I use the rs232d.c example to start with.

The multimeter requires +9V on it's DTR leg in order to send data. I thought
to use the RTS line of the Ethernut board to connect to the DTR pin of the
multimeter.

I used the info I found in the discussion site archive about HW handshake and
about setting and clearing bits. Unfortunatelly I could not figure out how to
change the state of that single line. I do not want a real handshake, only to
set the RTS line to 1 or 0.
Does anyone have a suggestion how to do that?

Another question regarding the HW hanshake jumper settings to the rs232
conector on the board. If you look at the Ethernut Hardware User's Manual
(pp16), the text and the pictures next to them are not in agreement. Which
one is right?

Regards,
Csaba Cserhati