[En-Nut-Discussion] RTS-problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jun 9 12:19:13 CEST 2005

Hello Csaba,

Are you refering to
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/ethwm21e-1.pdf
? I remember a bug, but think it's corrected here. If in doubt
about wiring, the most reliable info is provided by the schematic.

For the most simple case, connect pin 4+6 for PORTE2 and

sbi(DDRE, 2);
cbi(PORTE, 2);

to set this line to low. The RS232 driver is inverting and
will output a positive voltage at DB9 pin 8.

However, most of these single supply drivers will not reach
+9 Volts and there's an additional filter resistor RN2B.

I'd suggest to short R30 pads on the backside of the board,
which will route DC power to DB9 pin 9. The voltage will
be about 1.4 Volts below the voltage at the DC connector
due to the voltage drop by two rectifier diodes.

Harald