[En-Nut-Discussion] changes in tcpip stack from 3.9.5 to 3.9.6

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Jun 5 13:44:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I can confirm this behaviour when using avr-gcc 3.4.3
(WinAVR-20050214) and compile options
-Os -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks
Looks like omitting null pointer checks doesn't finally
help.

Ethernet is delayed due to ARP requests initiated by
incoming broadcasts.

The problem disappears when using avr-gcc 3.3.1
(WinAVR-20030913) with same compiler options.

Looks like avr-gcc 3.4.3 doesn't like the latest
net/arpcache.c

All had been checked on Ethernut 2.1 Rev-B.

Harald