[En-Nut-Discussion] LUA - Gives a problem with .configure NutOS

Grahame M. Kelly grahame at wildpossum.com
Mon Jun 6 13:42:52 CEST 2005

Hi Harald.

Even though I have the correct LUA program installed as per your doco;

glider:/home/gmkelly/Documents/PDFs # rpm -qa|grep lua
lua-5.0.2-3
lua-devel-5.0.2-3

It appears that the Ethernut configuration still doesn't like it ----

checking for lua... /usr/bin/lua
checking for library containing lua_open... -llua
checking for library containing luaL_loadfile... no
configure: WARNING: Lua library missing, will not build configuration tools.

The libraries are there:
/usr/lib/liblua.a
/usr/lib/liblualib.a
/usr/lib/liblualib.so
/usr/lib/liblualib.so.5.0
/usr/lib/liblua.so
/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.0

And I have /usr/lib correctly in /etc/ld.so.conf
# ldconfig -v | grep liblua
        liblualib.so.5.0 -> liblualib.so.5.0
        liblua.so.5.0 -> liblua.so.5.0

I assume that this is a problem because the build will not create the complete
configuration tool.

What is your view of this?