[En-Nut-Discussion] FAT filesystem and SD/MMC cards

Arnfinn Aas Eielsen eielsen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:40:29 CEST 2005

Hello!

I'm trying to find out how I can read and write files to a SD/MMC card
using a newly acquired Ethernut 2.1b.

I have made a mount for a SD/MMC card reader, a voltage divider for the
output from the microcontroller, and connected it to the SPI bus. I
have downloaded the "nutmmc" example from http://usbdip.de/en/nutmmc/
and it seems to run without problems on the hardware.

Now, I noticed that it is not possible to write files with the FAT code
that I have found, and I wonder if there has been some development here
lately. Is there somebody I can ask for some help if I have to write
the functions myself? You can have whatever code I manage to come up
with, if it would be of any interest. :)

Is there perhaps an alternative to the FAT file system when it comes to
reading and writing the memory card? I noticed something called PNUT;
is it usable for this kind of application? I don't need to read or
write to the card from any other device than the Ethernut card, so I
just need (wish for) an easy and simple way to handle files really...

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Arnfinn Aas Eielsen