Fwd: Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] PPP/AHDLC logic problems...

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Mon May 9 10:26:39 CEST 2005

Brett Abbott wrote:
> Vesa
>
> maybe gcc, maybe not, maybe both gcc and ICC?
>
> I have seen exact symptom this with ICCAVR V6 with optimisation
> recently.  Perhaps it is something uncommon within the NutOS code stream
> - we are both working on ahdlcavr.c and related code.
>
> Is this the problem that goes away when the optimiser is off?

I was able to trace it back to it's origin... The GCC and its optimizations.

Current workaround is to use -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks as compiler
arguments to disable this aggressive optimization.

For me this seems to fix all current problems with PPP connections. Of
course there still is some design issues that I do not agree :), but
that is another story.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen