[En-Nut-Discussion] CS8900 Ethernet controller

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Mon May 9 13:07:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I have decided I do not want to get the risks and spend the work time to
> adapt the Ethernet driver to the CS8900. Therefore I'm using the RTL, at

You don't have to adapt too much. Using the CS8900 driver should be
quite straight forward. The only thing is that your throughput will not
be that high (ping time will be about 3-4ms where it is 0.4 with my
RTL8019AS board).

> least for the first release of the CPU board.
> For the future, if there will be some supplying troubles, I will send you a
> drawing and ask to check if the CS8900 interface is OK.

Ok! I'll help you ehereevery I can. Take a look to
www.embeddedethernet.com and Cirrus application note AN181

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19