[En-Nut-Discussion] Basic compile question...

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Tue May 10 13:03:52 CEST 2005

Elger Jonker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't seem to get this directory right. The basiclcd.c is the demo
> application from the software manual (page 32). I followed all steps
> in the manual to build and create the nut/os and the sample directory.
> This went OK.
>
> When i code hard paths into my c files, all kinds of other files can
> not be found. So what to change so it can find all (default) header
> files?
>
> some output:
>
> C:\ethernut\nutapp-13g\wissellen>make basiclcd
> avr-gcc   -mmcu=atmega128 -Wl,--defsym=main=0,-Map=basiclcd.map,--cref -LC:/ethe
> rnut/build/bin   basiclcd.c   -o basiclcd

Your compile line should be similar to this one:

avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega128 -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wa,-ahlms=utils.lst -D__HARVARD_ARCH__  -IC:/ethernut/nut.build/include
  -IC:/ethernut/nut.source/nut/include  utils.c -o utils.o

You seem to be missing include path declarations in there. Of course use
your own directories there.

Take some example from app directory and try to mimic it from there.