[En-Nut-Discussion] Multiline LCD: How to write on second line?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue May 24 11:36:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

> The lcd_gotoxy function (see below) works in the x-direction, I can move
> text to the right with
> lcd_gotoxy(4,0). With I give the command lcd_gotoxy(0,1) the text appears on
> the first line. I've tried several other values, but nothing works.

Do you have a datasheet? Perhaps your display uses a different memory
layout. Will say line two does not start at memory location 0x40 but
anywhere else... Try so send a long string with 80characters and figure
out where your second line starts. Next patch the hd44780 driver
appropriate (the part where the dcb is defined). You'll need to change
the virtual line width.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19