[En-Nut-Discussion] Change in directory structure for platform dependend files

Oliver Schulz olischulz at web.de
Thu May 26 12:32:20 CEST 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm back again...

After I updated my ethernut HEAD directory and fooled around a little bit, I
noticed that a lot of hardware or platform dependend code is spread over
several directories.
For example we have /arch/*/..., /include/arch, os/arch and so on..
I also saw some platform dependend assembler code in atom.h, which I already
moved to new files named /include/arch/*_atom.h...

But I think to maintain simply all hardware or platform dependend code, we
should have one directory as a starting point for these files. Below this
directory we can have directories for the different platforms and below that
directories for source code, include and other files.

We already have this starting directory named /arch, but it isn't used like
that way so far.
Thus my suggestion is to reorganize all platform dependend files and code to
be located in an appropriate directory below /arch.

Any comments?

Cheers,
Oliver.