[En-Nut-Discussion] Change in directory structure for platform dependend files

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu May 26 15:35:31 CEST 2005

Hi Oliver,

At 12:32 26.05.2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I'm back again...

Looks like you got some spare time. Great. :-)

>We already have this starting directory named /arch, but it isn't used like
>that way so far.
>Thus my suggestion is to reorganize all platform dependend files and code to
>be located in an appropriate directory below /arch.
>
>Any comments?

I've been thinking about optional structures for some time.
IMHO, your suggestion provides the best solution.

More precisely, I'd prefer to have
arch/avr/init (exists already)
arch/avr/dev
arch/avr/os
etc.

At least two more question come up:

Should we prepare this before adding a 4.0 branch? I'd vote
for it.

Who is going to do this? If somebody takes over the CVS work
and maintain correct building in the source tree, I'd be happy
to take care of Configurator and autotools stuff.