[En-Nut-Discussion] Patch for SuSE 10.0 and gcc402

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Nov 24 11:03:07 CET 2005

Hi Torben,

Many thanks. I committed almost all changes except

cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pointer-sign"

../.././nut/arch/avr/dev/ivect01.c:205: warning: return type defaults to `int'
../.././nut/arch/avr/dev/ivect01.c:205: warning: function declaration isn't
a prototype

At 00:59 24.11.2005 +0100, you wrote:

>3. avr-gcc 4.0.2
>a) differense in signedness -> adding "-Wno-pointer-sign" to the
>compile-flags in Makedef.avr-gcc

Unfortunately this flag is unknown to GCC 3 and results in

   cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pointer-sign"

I have no idea for a quick solution.

>b) <avr/signal.h> obsolete -> commenting it out from include/arch/avr/gcc.h

This is related to avr-libc, not GCC. May be we can use
an ifdef, similar to the twi.h patch?

>c) function definition for toupper in pro/wins.c conflicts -> changing
>types to int (OK?)

This is definitely OK.

>Comments on more proper ways to do this are very welcome. Otherwise I
>hope some will find it useful. It has not been tested on any other
>platforms/distributions.

Except for 3a and 3b, everything else seems to work fine.