[En-Nut-Discussion] Patch for SuSE 10.0 and gcc402

Torben Mikael Hansen en-nut.ns at linhard.dk
Thu Nov 24 00:59:26 CET 2005

Hi All

In trying to build ethernut (CVS-20051123) on SuSE 10.0 with avr-gcc
4.0.2 I ran into a number of problems.
I made some patches that solved the problems, for me at least

1. ld-flags -lm and -ldl need by lualib is not automatically applied by
configure. This patch (http://linhard.dk/ethernut/conf.patch) add checks
for these libs to configure.ac
$ patch -p0 < conf.patch
$ cd nut
$ ./autogen.sh

2. wxWidget on SuSE is built with unicode support, which results in a
number of compile errors in tools/nutconf.
http://linhard.dk/ethernut/nutconfwx.patch

3. avr-gcc 4.0.2
a) differense in signedness -> adding "-Wno-pointer-sign" to the
compile-flags in Makedef.avr-gcc
http://linhard.dk/ethernut/defs.patch
b) <avr/signal.h> obsolete -> commenting it out from include/arch/avr/gcc.h
http://linhard.dk/ethernut/gcc.h.patch
c) function definition for toupper in pro/wins.c conflicts -> changing
types to int (OK?)
http://linhard.dk/ethernut/wins.c.patch

3abc in one patch-file http://linhard.dk/ethernut/gcc402.patch

Comments on more proper ways to do this are very welcome. Otherwise I
hope some will find it useful. It has not been tested on any other
platforms/distributions.

Regards
Torben