[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut OS on Arm

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Oct 7 09:47:08 CEST 2005

Ralph,

When compiling with "optimized for space" (-Os on GCC) the
ARM code is even a few percent smaller than the AVR code.
Unfortunately it doesn't run. Without any optimization,
the ARM code is at least 50% larger.

This had been tested with 32 bit mode including interworking.
Using pure 32 bit mode (no interworking) or even thumb mode
will significantly reduce the code size.

On the other hand a lot more RAM, specially stack space, will
be required.

Harald