[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS license terms

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Oct 8 11:40:07 CEST 2005

Henrik,

the intention is to follow the 3-clause BSD license. Some
of the original code contained the old 4-clause text, but
has been changed according to
ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

I noticed, that there are a few left overs:
ppp_fsm.h, eth0cs.c and cs8900.c by Call Direct Cellular
Solutions Pty. Ltd
hd44780_bus.h by Ole Reinhardt
hd44780.h by egnite Software GmbH

For the latter please feel free to change it to the
standard BSD license. I assume that Ole took it over
without noticing the problem. Ole?

Is CDC still with us?

At 17:13 08.10.2005 +1000, you wrote:

>1) what should users using Nut/OS in embedded products do and 2) what
>should manufacturers of compatible boards do to comply with Version A [in
>practical terms, e.g. stating the acknowledgment in manual, data sheets or
>web site etc.]?

In simple words: You need to keep the copyright statement
in the source files. If you distribute binaries only, you
need to reproduce the copyright at least at one place
within the distribution, typically in the documentation,
a specific file, the program banner, a piece of paper,
or anywhere else, at your choice.