[En-Nut-Discussion] Sending dynamic HTML data to a JAVA applet

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:55:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

   From what you said I guess the applet will plot something out of
the data it fetches from the static html file. Well, there is no
difference in there, just change the URL on the applet code or params
to the url you register to the NutRegisterCgi call.

   As far as ethernut knows, your java files are just files that it
serves, no different than, say, a flash or image file. The applet
itself would have to open a socket connection to fetch the URL on the
server it came from. When the httpd thread calls NutHttpProcessRequest
it will internally handle the sending of the static data on the
filesystem or call the cgi function you registered if the URL matches.

   Hope this helps.

Regards,
   Thiago A. Corrêa