[En-Nut-Discussion] Throughput

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 8 18:38:35 CEST 2005

1 MB/s would leave 16 cycles on a 16 MHz AVR. Obviously
this can't work. You may take a look at Ethernut 3
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/index.html

This uses a 16 Bit bus and runs at 73.728 Mhz, which
results in 10 times more throughput than the 14.7456 MHz
AVR Ethernuts. In case no wait states are required,
which I hadn't checked yet.

The bad news: It will still take a few weeks until Ethernut 3
is available. But there are many other cheap ARM boards
available everywhere.

Harald