[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog issues

Ulrich Hertlein ulrich.hertlein at artcom.de
Thu Sep 15 10:14:59 CEST 2005

Harald Kipp wrote:
>> Of course due to the co-operative multitasking I could sleep more than
>> 1000ms but certainly not twice as long even with an inactive TCP
>> server in another thread...
>
> Right. But, if I remember correctly, you can't set the watchdog
> timeout to 2 seconds on a 14.7 MHz CPU. May be your time
> calculation is wrong?

As far as I understood the documentation the watchdog has it's own 1 MHz
clock and therefore is independent of CPU clock speed.

I'm using 'wdt_enable(WDTO_2S)' to enable the watchdog which sets it to
approx. 2s (varies with core voltage).

/Ulrich

--
Ulrich Hertlein | Software Development

ART+COM AG
Kleiststr. 23-26 | 10787 Berlin | Germany

phone: +49.30.21001-433
fax: +49.30.21001-555
http://www.artcom.de